Yes. It's been forever since I updated this blog...I'd probably keep the lack of story telling going but this subject is just way too long for a Facebook status update. Not that anyone would care to read this. Maybe my granny. Maybe my mom...Either way, I'm in the process of trying to get back into shape. Or just not be so round, if you will. And its so hard.
I started this a couple months ago. I'm not religiously going at it like I should be, but I'm definitely doing more than what I did before. Jax is nearly three and I can honestly say that aside from softball practice after she was born I have not exercised. Yikes. I know.
I take pride in the fact that at one point in my life I ran a mile in 7 minutes and 38 seconds. Then bested that only once. This was something I never really worked at to begin with until I played ball at ACU. I mean why does a third baseman need to be able to sprint a mile? They don't...so don't try to talk me into any reasoning. My point is that at one point in my life I was in shape and smaller. And even then I didn't like my body. Here I am, muuuch bigger, and so much more out of shape I hate myself for ever losing that motivation.
So now, I'm trying to get myself back into. In the clammy Houston heat. The second I step outside, the hair at the nape of my neck beads up with sweat. And this is at 8am. I could wake myself up and the girls and get a move on at 6:30. But I'm not that crazy.
And yes I am doing this business with the company of my little girls (in the double jogger) and Petey strapped on as well. They are the perfect motivators. Jax will say, "Ma, You should go faster." And when I do Maddi claps. It's great...then "Petey" gets tired so I have to slow down...for his sake of course. Right now we are working at a pace of 25 minutes for 2 and a half miles. Yes, I know this is awful, but my excuse is that I'm pushing the girls and pulling Petey as well. My goal is not 7 minutes, but to be able to run five miles in a steady jog like my grandma does...let's see if I can get there.
On a lighter note...here are the girls...being cute :)
On a lighter note...here are the girls...being cute :)























4 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
Of course you know I am one of your biggestfan readers! Plus, I am one of your biggest fans! I'm proud of you for your motivation and yes YOU DO HAVE MOTIVATION. Mostly, I think you are as beautiful on the inside as I think you are on the outside! LOVE YOU.
I can't tell you how surprised I am at having a comment on here. Thanks so much for your sweet sweet words! I'll be seeing you soon :)
I can for sure say that there are many of us who have increased in size and decreased in activity since college. But I have always thought you were just naturally beautiful, and you still are!
Two thumbs up to you for working on getting yourself to where you want to be. I am trying to do the same...although not with 2 kiddos, and it's a struggle. So keep your chin up and keep that stroller movin' :o)
Thanks Nikki. I just tried to look at your blog and it wouldn't let me :( .... Keep your head up too!!
Post a Comment