Hello all!! It has been a long while since I have posted here. So long that I don't even recognize the site anymore. I like it though...so good job Blogger!
I'm here for a reason though. You can probably tell from the title of this post, but I'm going to write a book. Well, let me rephrase, I have a story that I'm dying to get out. I'm going to write it all down. And if it gets published? We'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there.
This has been my inspiration. I look at it every day to remind myself that my crazy adventure is not so crazy.
So, I've had a few inbox messages since I came out as a wannabe-writer on Facebook. Let me sum up a few things here.
Someone asked-strongly suggested-if I could blog my experience. I thought about it for a minute and decided it'd be a great idea to share a tidbit every now and again...just to keep me motivated. So here I am. Blogging again.
How do you plan to write with those kids at home?
These kids I have I marvelous creatures. Just today I had gone to shower while they were both napping and when I got out (like, 10 minutes later) they had turned on the TV, were watching Sportscenter, and were scarfing down the Halloween cookies we had made last night. It didn't matter that six cookies went missing within the five minute window I've given them. They had provided themselves entertainment-that they were complaining about-and quenched their appetite. My rugrats will survive my endless hours at the computer. And hopefully they will still look like this when I'm all done.
Also, I plan to do a lot of writing after the house is asleep. Which means I will look like the female equivalent to this most days.
What's your book about?
It's about a girl. She goes through some stuff...and there is a boy involved. Maybe two. It'll be kinda romantic but mostly she finds herself through the journey?
Yes, this is the actual answer I give people. I don't know how to talk about it because it's a progression. And really, you don't have to worry about this until it gets published. And if THAT ever happens, I'm sure they have people who do summaries for a living.
Am I going to be in your book?
If you have ever wronged me in any way, expect to be in chapter 10. That's when stuff really goes down.
Totally kidding. When I got the idea for this book I was watching my 4 year old do something extraordinary. She was letting a boy stand up for the inescapable boo-boo she had been given...so it started there. The only other character in this book inspired by anyone in my life is the grandma. She's a lot like my granny. Cooky. Silly. And randomly spouts out wisdom at the most inopportune times.
WILL THERE BE SEX?!?!!?
I can honestly say that I could never write out a sex scene knowing that one day my grandmother and mother would read it. There's that.
What? Are you the descendant of a bunch of prudes?!
Yes.
What about God?
What about him? He is a major player in my life and is constantly present in my life. Why wouldn't I include him here?
Do you have the proper support?
Absolutely. First, I have a husband who has been my fan since my freshman year in college. I told him I wanted to write a book and he went and bought me a laptop. This guy loves me and really wants me to do this.
Second, my best friend is two pom-poms short of joining a squad. And she's vowed to tell me if anything is awful. I trust her.
Third, I have a lot of family who are seeing me through this. None of which have looked at me like I've lost my mind. I appreciate that most.
And fourth...I have somehow found my way into a fabulous group of women who know what they are doing when it comes to working the keyboard. They also know how to tell me to "GET OFF FACEBOOK! QUIT CHECKING YOUR EMAIL!! AND QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME!!!" This is also appreciated.
How are you going about doing this?
Well, I've entered myself into a writing workshop of sorts. I did it to initially give me a swift kick in the butt to get started on my story. The goal of this workshop is to get 50,000 words in the month of November and to finish my novel. Or the first draft of said novel.
I will no doubt be typing like this...

So there are bound to be a few mistakes.
That's all for now. I embark on this journey tomorrow and I'm super excited!!!


























7 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
woohoo! Get it, girl! I'm gonna try to follow down this insane path and hope we come out on the other end. I say we get margaritas on the other side, regardless of whether or not we finish.
THIS CAN BE OUR REWARD!!! We can do this and when I'm in town for Christmas we shall do the margarita!
You know I am one of your biggest fans.....Get to writing and let's get this party started. Love you.
me gusta mucho!!
i'm so proud of you!!
I was trying to figure out who this Cupcake person was and then I read the Spanish. It all came together for me though. Thanks buddy.
woohoo! Type, JD, type. ha! Good luck...text me if you ever need a break.
Love u!
Thank you Yaya!! I feel weird calling you by your real name now. It's like you've always been yaya to me.
Post a Comment