Okay. I promise not to make this a cooking blog, not that anyone ever complains about a cooking blog, it's just that my last post was about my magical meatloaf and this next post is also about something edible as well. I should warn you, my husband loves this...and the ladies at work enjoyed it as well. So this is my life. They say, "yumm," and I blog about it.
So there are rules--guidelines really--to reading a recipe of mine. You must remember that I use measuring cups as a simple suggestion. When I say something like "3 cups of oatmeal," you should know that the oats are flowing over the side of said measuring cup and I'm having to use another hand to keep the extra mound of grains from falling to the ground. And if you choose to go down this path of using extra, keep in mind the rest of the ingredients need to be generous as well. Okay, we cool? We're cool.
![]() |
| My example of a "cup" of oatmeal. |
![]() |
Ingredients.
3 cups (and then some) of large flake rolled oats
1 cup raw sliced almonds
1 cup of walnut pieces
1 cup of pecan halves
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 tsp ginger (or nutmeg...I've been using that lately. It's kind of either or around here.)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla
1ish cup of Craisins (I prefer the pomegranite flavored kind. It's delightful.)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 250.
- Combine all the dry ingredients EXCEPT the Craisins. And mix that around.

- In another smaller bowl combine honey, oil, and vanilla. You can stir that if you want, but it's kind of pointless. You'll see what I mean when you make your own.

- Drizzle the honey mix over the granola and just mix like crazy.
- Spray your cookie sheet so it doesn't stick and spread it into one even layer. You can lick your finger and enjoy a taste of what is to come.
You can store this in just about anything. If you choose to refrigerate it, it will get hard. I hope you love it. I tend to use this in my yogurt because I don't like yogurt plain. ENJOY!!
P.S. If you noticed my alignment was off during this post, there is a simple explanation...and I'm going to just blame blogger instead of owning up to my inability to work this site.



























0 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
Post a Comment