Tuesday, August 7, 2007

How are the other kids?

Some of you may be wondering how our "first-born dogs" are doing...well pretty good actually. After hearing about how Tater took the news with Avery I was nervous that they would never look at me again. It almost started out that way with Texas.
At first he would just lay and stare at us with this look like "I am no longer the cutest one in this house any more." And I think Petey was pretty clueless as to what was going on. But now, they have adjusted really well. Texas plays the uber protector. He almost never leaves her side and if someone is holding her that he barely knows he howls and whines the entire time.



Petey is very curious still, and just stares at her in all wonderment. Every time she makes a noise he runs to see what is going on and if he can help in any way. I am so happy that they are adjusting...because it would have broke my heart to have to part with either one of them. They are my "first born" you know!

3 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:

Ashley said...

Thats good because Avery is already 4 months old and Tater is JUST NOW starting to come around!! In other words...he will come near her, he just wont love on her..ha ha!

Hope we get to see yall this weekend! Love ya!

PS> I love that Jaxon pooped on her white dress and the quilt. Makes me feel so much better knowing Im not the only one that that stuff happens to. ha ha!

Lynn said...

I am so happy that her brothers have accepted her so well. I knew they would. They are good boys. I love that Petey is still so curious. That picture with him on the edge of the crib is a classic. I love it. Love you all and thanks for being such a good blogger.

jody said...

Let me say that I got to babysit Jaxon for a WHOLE MORNING and she was perfect. I am the luckiest auntie in the world to live in the same town and get to hold her in church, too. My sister is jealous, I know, but she is so sweet to share her children with me. I love her babies so much! JoJo