Saturday, January 3, 2009

Heartbroken and don't know what to do.


So...you all know how much i love my family...my husband who is fantastic, my daughter who is perfect...the fetus growing inside of me...and the two fur balls who have completed my life since 3 and 4 years ago. Well, (this blog is about my dogs btw), most of you know that my dogs have a history of fighting with each other...not with anyone or anything else...just eachother. It's the alpha male in Petey that just triggers something sometimes and man can he take it out on Texas.

Well we had been keeping them separated (one inside and one outside) while we were away from the house...until one got separation anxiety or something (boxers get that) and began peeing in the house. We tried the other...after a few days the same thing happened...peeing in the house...which is just stupid for potty trained dogs...i mean they can go from 8 at night to 10 in the morning without peeing in the house but an hour and a half during the day time and it's enough to make me vomit when i walk through the front door.

Needless to say we couldn't have the house smelling that way so we decided we had to keep them outside. They have been getting along fine for months...maybe something changed.

So today they fought...and I have been crying since 5 pm because I know we have to make a decision. Tex is ok. The fight was alot worse than his scars are going to be...but it's not fair to him to let Pete stay here...it's not safe for one of our kids to play in the backyard with him back there...because you just never know what COULD happen. And Pete has been a saint with Jaxon...he lets her climb, pull, pet, and kiss all over him...but after seeing what he did to Tex today, AHHHH! So, I'm heartbroken.
One of two things is about to happen...one...which is the happier one is that we build two pins (that we don't have money for) and just bring them in together at night which makes me kind of sad because they do love eachother (sometimes) and the second choice which thoroughly breaks my heart is to give Petey to someone else. I feel like I would be failing him or something...I know he's just a dog...but OMG if one person says that to me I will probably scream...they have never been just dogs to me and certainly never been treated that way. So if I give him away who do I give him to? I want someone who will spoil him like I do...love on him at night...rub his back...feed him people food...rub his ears...play flashlight chase...just all our little things...but I will never know if I give him away. And...AND he is like the first initial thing that David gave to me...y'all know my strained relationship with my brother!!! Petey was his dog first...and when Dave comes to visit me I know in part it's to see and wrestle with his dogs. Sorry for the long, exasperated vent about my K9 babies, but if anyone has any GOOD ideas I would love to hear them.

5 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:

Kellianne said...

oh JD, I'm sorry you have to make a decision. Your dogs aren't JUST DOGS, they're you're babies just like my dogs are my babies.

I'll pray for you guys! love ya'll!

Lynn said...

Hope you are better today. Been thinking about you!

Valerie said...

i am so sad... i have no words.. were you feeling like this when we were texting earlier?? i should have sensed it..

i'm so sorry you have to make this kind of decision.. i was really worried that i was going to read that one of them had passed or something.. although this is almost as bad..

i wanna help you build the thingies for them so you can keep petey.. i'll send you up some gift cards for lowe's or something..

i really hope everything works out though.. i love you guys..

M'chelle said...

So sad to hear about your doggy situation. I totally understand how you feel about dogs not being "just dogs," but I guess that could be expected considering my upbringing. Oh and I totally missed your preggers announcement. Congratulations! That is so exciting! Maybe, just maybe someday I will have that good news....lol!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I came over from your Mom in love blog. I totally understand how hard this must be for you. Is there anyway your brother could take the dog back? That way he would stay in the family. Congratulations on the new baby! Your MIL is VERY HAPPY about that news!