almost 2 years ago, we welcomed into our world the most perfect little princess. ever. i'm not saying that because she is MY daughter...but really, she couldn't have made my first trip of motherhood any easier. from the beginning, she has slept the whole night through (unless there was something wrong...like teething). she has constantly kept herself entertained...and has just been the sweetest ever.
NOW it's almost her 2 year birthday and she is going to be the best big sister. I have been watching her play with her "Baayybee" lately, and the proof is right there in front of me. She kisses her goodnight, shares her blankie and tucks her in, she shares her food and her sippee cup...and only when she is tired of playing does she throw the baby down (we will have to work on that part). But I just cannot believe how nurturing she is.
In all of this chaos of having a baby, packing, moving across Texas, and unpacking...we really won't be able to have a party for the tiny princes...which she won't care...or even know. I feel bad, but maybe someone will pop a few fire crackers in the neighborhood and I can tell her they are just for her.
I am going to enjoy these last 2 days of being a mother of one and just love on her emensely. She continues to surprise us with something new every day...whether it's a new phrase (yesterday was "AHA!") or a new way to kiss (eskimo) or her new favorite TV show...or her new favorite shoes...she just enjoys all aspects of life and I am going to get a big dosage of that for the next 2 days before I go to the hospital Tuesday morning (at 5:30am) to have Maddux Grace. She couldn't be coming at a better time. Unfortunately, last week Mitchell's sweet poppi passed away and it is going to be a rough transition for everyone. There are many reasons why I was blessed when the Lord found this family for me to marry into...and Poppi is at the top of this list. But what better way to help mend a broken heart, than to bring another angel back into this world.
Here is a pic of us both reading to Maddi. Jaxon is reading her the CCC's (ABC's) and I am reading them a Charlaine Harris book (shameful). Love to all...pray for our new addition. And I will blog with pics in a couple weeks after everything is unpacked...I'm pretty sure this is my last day with a computer.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
We're a changin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























2 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
love ya'll and praying for a smooth birth and a healthy baby girl...Aunt OKOK can't wait to meet little Maddi and see Baby j!
I am so glad I'm here and it's finally time for this sweet precious baby to join us and help us heal a bunch of broken hearts. LOVE YOU......
Post a Comment