So what's going on? In a little more than 3 weeks, I am going to be the mother of 2 children, and yes I am freaking out a little bit. Not because I don't think I can do...because PSHA i sooo can...I'm just freaking because this means something different for my little princess, Jaxon. I know, I know...she is going to handle it with grace and beauty and be the best big sis ever...but still, things are a changin' and I'm nervous.
Everyone knows that I am married to a great man and father...y'all know that right? Well if you didn't know that, I am. So today actually he was awarded with the Friend of the Class award at Abilene High...and I couldn't be more proud of him. While we were watching all the Seniors take their seats at the Baccalaureate, high fives and head nods were coming very frequently and I couldn't feel any more proud for the man I married. Parents and teachers stopped us on our way out to congratulate him on the award, and I just loved seeing my husband being "praised" for being himself around students to where they can love and respect him enough to give him this great award...but it's Bittersweet...only because I know that there are many students who enjoy their "Doty," but don't quite know that he is leaving. (this is the other change) Blessed be the name of the Lord...we are moving!!! To the Houston area because my husband got a job that specifically defines him as a coach.
His love has always been basketball, and the coach that he was at A-High didn't always him to be that...b/c well Football is just where it is...and of course he will miss the heck out of Friday nights...and watch, the Eagles are going to win a state championship next...but Mitchell's true love (basketball) is what he will be doing in the Houston area and again, I couldn't be more proud of him. At a school that had over 40 applicants, and 8 people were chosen to be interviewed...Mitchell was the one the head coach decided he NEEDED for his program, and I am so happy for him.
Am I going to miss Abilene? Well, I dunno. Of course my entire family resides here, but I have been here for 26 years and really I feel like I have never taken the next "step" in life. So here I go, taking a step...and if I get homesick...I will only be 7 hours away (hahahaha). But I think I will be fine...now when are we moving? well as soon as i have a baby, sell our house, find one for us down there, and before school starts in August. So why am I a little stressed?























4 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
thanks for posting, i've been waiting :)
ummm....you're gonna be a houstonian!!! WAHOOO! praise jesus my friend! I know Danni and I can't wait for ya'll to get here!
Yay for new friends well old friends...eerr you know what i mean!
Wow I can't believe you only have 3 weeks to go girl. I am so excited for you. I know your going to be a great mom with both babies. It's amazing how big Jaxon is already she's going to be an awesome big sis. Congratulations to Mitchell for his award. I know as a teacher and mentor those little praises go along way and mean a lot. He's influencing young lives everyday and it's truly amazing. Also so cool you'll be in Houston. I'm visiting in Oct and I"m so glad I'll get to see you there. love it!
I am so happy you are moving to Houston!! You will be closer! I just watched the new moon trailer and it looks sooooo stinking good. I can't wait till it comes out.
Amanda
Congratulations all around! So many huge life events in one summer! At least they are all good ones! Hang in there with all the changes. Can't wait to meet little Maddux! I'm sure she'll be every bit as much a princess as her big sis! You guys are in my prayers! Love ya!
Post a Comment