Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions



Welp, it's another year. Did you guys party the last night of 2011 away? Or did you sleep through all of the neighborhood fireworks? The husband and I popped fireworks with the girls early on and THAT was an experience. Once Maddi realized that picking up a hot sparkler to blow it out was a bad idea things were good. At midnight, when the little ones were asleep, husband and I ran out to the front yard and watched our neighborhood go crazy. Seriously. Who needs a New Years party when you live near these people??

We saw a firework show like none I've ever experienced. I mean, I rang in the new year in Sydney, Australia once and experienced all of that amazing action...but this was different. For at least fifteen minutes there was a constant stream of popping and flashing. Smoke everywhere. Whooping and hollering.  Someone at one point yelled out, "Our neighborhood kicks ass!!!" And it's true. Nothing screams, "Let's ring in the new year!!" like wasting away all of your Christmas bonuses on controlled explosives. Hey, we live in a working man's neighborhood and working men spend their money on fireworks. Thank goodness. It was awesome and I stood there in awe thanking God for the blessings that came in 2011 and prayed for an equally wonderful year.

Then I came inside and started making my New Years Resolutions. I have a few. The easy ones are to read more books and finish writing the one I started. And then start on another. I'm currently laughing because those are the goals I considered the easiest.

The big one, and most cliche, is to lose weight and get back into some sort of shape. I want to do this for myself...and because of the Mayan Zombie Apocalypse. Are there zombies in this 2012 theory? Or is that a complete separate disaster than John Cusack's the-world-is crumbling-beneath-my-feet theory? Either way I figure I need to be able to outrun either force. So yeah. I'm going to get into shape. Which means I'm currently on a diet. Which means please forgive any moodiness you may encounter. Which also means, please don't be polite and offer me chocolate. Or cheeseburgers. Because I don't have the best will-power to say no. I'll always say yes. And I kind of have the philosophy that it takes a village to help me diet. So yeah, no brownies. Just give me carrots. Actually, it's possible carrots aren't on my diet plan so keep those away from me as well.

Good luck to each and every one of you on this upcoming year. I pray your days be blessed with love and happiness and that you at least make it to the end of March to carry out some of your resolutions. And that you can outrun zombies.

2 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:

LightStarDusting said...

You know that there are zombie runs, right? So, the experience of outrunning zombies can be yours! ;)

You're amazing and I know that 2012 holds great things in store. :)

JD said...

You. Are. Kidding. Me. That is the best thing ever. I'm totally going to look into this.