Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas cards!

Enjoy a little Jingle Bells, Ben Rector style. 



I know I promised 25 Days of Christmas, but let's be real. I was never going to sit down on blogger once a day to bring on the holiday season. I know you guys don't need me to make your days merry and bright...so yeah. I took a little break. Actually, I started a new book series...and I'm hooked. The only reason I'm on blogger now is because my book is on the other side of the table. And yes, I am that lazy. 

So you know what I love about the holiday season? Christmas cards. I really do. I love seeing which friend or family member is the over achiever and gets their card to me two days after Thanksgiving. I love seeing who procrastinated more than I did. Who was super creative. Who was sweet enough to hand write a card, and so on. So this year, my cards will be on time (I think) and they are cute (I dare you to say otherwise). Also, what's more fun than seeing a Christmas card? The progress it takes to catch the perfect shot.

Yeah, that's right. I've seen some pictures that are perfect. Every toddler is in fine form with a smile on their face, mom's hair is perfectly in place, and no one looks like they've had one too many cheeseburgers...

Well, I'm here to tell you that those perfect Christmas cards are never taken in one shot. There's no way. Let me tell you why...or better yet show you. Here is the Doty progression of our 2011 Christmas Card. Enjoy.

After further review of this picture I've decided that none of us were ready for the photographer to snap this photo. I'm pulling my shirt out of my fat roll (I like food, therefore I'm in need of situating my clothes every now and then). Jaxon's cheek is hanging over the letter T there. Also, Mr. Doty is having to coach the youngest on how to properly hold the letter O. Let's see how well that works out. 

Well, the name looks good, but has anyone seen my youngest...she seems to have gone missing. Also, Jaxon...where's the camera?

Oh. Hey. Lost another kid.

Every now and then a girl just has to stand up and reassess the scene. This was one of those moments for Maddi. Jaxon, that's a great smile though... 

I don't even know what's going on...

Heh. She's cross-eyed. 

Seriously, I can't even. 

After, close examination the photographer realized we may need to have a moment to fix our letters. So we told the girls they had to be sweet to the letters...
Can't get any sweeter than rubbing your cheek on it, I suppose. 
We so almost had it here...the letters are even. You can actually SEE most of our faces...but Maddi found the blank  sheet of paper more exciting than the lady holding the camera making monkey noises. Go figure. 
And while it's not "perfect," this was our winner. Maddi is in fine fashion,  Husband is looking studly in his new tie, Jaxon looks like she's done this a million times (pretty much has), and not a single piece of fabric was hidden inside any crevice of my torso. So, Merry Christmas!! Everyone, wait for your mailman to bring you our little envelope of joy. 

0 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.: