Sunday, July 20, 2008

Defiance

Well, it has been a while since my last blog...but I haven't really had anything to blog about. But here are a few updates on the life of us. Jaxon loves to do things that we say "no" to. She actually gets a kick out of it. Of course behind my serious tone and face, I am thinking "how cute is she?" But things she will do to be defiant:

-She throws food over the side of the table...we say "no" she smiles and does it again...then she makes this cheesy face that resembles and angel...and we hide our giggles.

-She will put things in her mouth, for example, an old paper Backyardigans birthday hat...we will pull it out, say "no," of course she proceeds by putting it back in her mouth...she will take it out again, but then make the "mmmmmmm" sound and face like she has just eaten the most delicious piece of chocolate cake EVER.

Those are just a couple of things she does...tonight we were eating at Arby's and Jaxon was "throwing her food over on the floor," and Mitchell said, "NO ma'am! You better quit that." Where she replies with a growl...funniest thing I have ever seen. I found my phone and recorded some of it (of course the best growling had past, and she starts to move on to the next stage of life), but here is a little of that video.

And, as promised, here is Jaxon walking around Arby's.

Other things in life...football starts tomorrow for Mitchell (a dull yeah is going on in my head). He is very good at his job and loves doing it...and I love him doing it too...but the hours he puts into it, just amaze me...or really they exhaust me.

My brother has called from Iraq (once to me...and a few times to his wife). The last time he contacted his wife he asked her to send him some flea collars...because the sand fleas are so bad right now that the guys are having a hard time even sleeping in their beds because they are everywhere...so he needs flea collars...I hate even thinking about it...but my brother and the rest of the United Services are in need of flea collars while fighting. Sad day. I do appreciate everyone who prays for him...now pray that he can get a good nights rest without fleas gnawing on his ankles. That is all I have right now...and I will blog again when life throws me another curve ball...or maybe even a fast ball.

2 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:

Lynn said...

OK.....how cute is that? She obviously loves to entertain and I would pay for a front row ticket. Glad you heard from D. What a blessing we have to have men/women like that defending our country. I know you are so proud of him. Our prayers will continue! Love you. See you soon.

Giggi said...

She is getting so big & walking so good! Can't believe Mitch already is back at work! Fast summer! I'll be praying for your brother. Ugh...fleas! The things we take for granted!