Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The time has come.

First off, let me start by saying that all of you single women out there...I know the perfect place to meet a man. Once a year you will have a shot at putting the odds to meeting someone in your favor. But, if it all works out for you, you will need to know that WILL be sharing your man with another for possibly 6 months out of the year (depending on playoffs). Well, if you are wondering what in the world I am talking about it is none other than coaching school. The Texas High School Coaches Association assembles once a year (typically towards the end of July) and thousands of coaches (mostly high school football coaches) walk the streets of whatever town is lucky enough to host. This year we (coaches and their wives) roamed the town of San Antonio, and as much as I like to think it was a coaching school, it really looked like an Under Armour Convention and everyone was trying to show off their latest apparel. It was my first time to go and enjoy walking around and staring at people's chests to see who they were representing...and then all I could think about were my single friends back home who would die to be with me at the moment. Anyway, San Antonio was a blast...I have probably visited the town more than 15 times in my life, but always chaperoned by softball and have never been able to enjoy the city. And thanks to my wonderful mother in law, who so graciously came to hang out and watch her precious granddaughter I was able to enjoy the town the way one should.
By day us three girls would storm the town, waste some money, and refill our coffee cups at the closest Denny's...but by night...I was able to get my fist glimpse at the Alamo. I went to my first club (haha). Sorry I have to laugh at that, just because me entering a club is the funniest thing to imagine, but if you are ever in San Antonio and on the River...check out Polly Ester's...cutest place ever! I felt pretty hip (haha...sorry laughing at myself again). We also were able to catch a movie...Wanted, is the funnest movie I have seen in a long time. Angelina is absolutely the coolest woman out there. Anyway, moving on...here are some funny shots of Jaxon. This is our new way to get comfortable and sleep.
Here she is playing with a medicine cap. If you can't tell what she is doing...remember when you were young (or if you are like me then...remember last week), you would put a cup to your mouth and suck in all the air...remove your hand and just let the cup hang on your mouth...and then marvel at your magic trick...well that is what she is doing here...she is brilliant, that girl.

When we got back home, she tore into her toys like they were old friends.
And these are some old pics of her in her birthday pool...she LOVES this...it has a slide and everything.

When she sees someone enter a room she is so polite as to welcome that person with the highest pitched, "HIiiii," you could ever imagine...it is way too cute...I think I will have to video that.


Jaxon likes to climb in and out of her Bumbo seat and sometimes she will get stuck in there long enough for us to find our camera.


Help!

And since it is past midnight, and is technically July 31st, I would like to say Happy Anniversary to the most perfect, selfless, wonderfully goofy man that the Lord so graciously blessed me with. Throughout these 4 years of marraige and 8 years of loving eachother he has helped me through many nights of crying over parents, softball, family, lost dogs and has put up with my late night reading sessions, pms-ing, softball, parents, family and dogs. He has loved me unconditionally, just as I love him, and always keeps me on my toes. I am so greatful for that day that I saw him throw that volleyball across the court, (if you don't know that story I'm sorry), but if I wouldn't have seen it who know where or who I would be today.
Anyway, I love you...4 down, 70 more to go (at least).

Lastly, In one day and 23 hours (wow, I can actually feel my arm hair raising as I type this), I will disappear for a day or two. No one try to contact me...because I will simply ignore you until I have finished what I have been waiting for. That is right, Breaking Dawn is finally coming out (the Mormon Tabernacle choir have just busted out into the chorus of "Hallelujah" in my head). Friday night at midnight, I will be leaving the book party going down at my local book store and will be SPEEDING home to read...so really don't call me...I'll call you. Until next time...next week.



6 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:

Hollie Reese said...

How fun! You crack me up with those books! I still haven't read them...I guess I need to!

Lynn said...

I am missing you guys alot today! I had so much fun. I keep hearing a little "HI" in my head. I could use some soapapillas this morning with my coffee. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. I love you guys.

Kellianne said...

Thank you for updating your blog! I check everyday like a mad woman hoping to see new pictures or a new story and well today was the day! I can't believe how big Jaxon is! She is starting to look so mature! She's got your lips FO SHO! :) Miss you guys and can't wait to see you at the wedding! Be looking for your invite in the mail!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you guys. And Jaxon is just the coolest!

Ashley said...

I'm gonna call after every chapter. I say we should have a contest. I'll text you "What chapter are you on?" and you will reply back "4" and I'll say, "Nah, nee, nah nee boo boo I'm on 7 and blah, blah, blah is happening. ha ha ha!

Heather's House said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! We love you!

JD- you will be so proud of me...I am reading Twilight. :) It is SO good! I won't be ready for Aug 2 but by then I can borrow yours...or Ashleys! :)