Well, as many of you know, I recently accepted a new job. This job was a job that I was very excited to receive. I have always dreamed about coaching in a school with such a great tradition and staff as this school does. When I first took the job, I was going to coach the Freshman football team. I got a call today from the Head Coach asking if I would be interested in coaching on the Varsity. I mean what was I suppose to say? This school has become one of the best football schools around and I could be a part of it. What a blessing!! I am so thankful that God has placed this before me. I mean, I have always been a basketball guy.... I wasn't a star football player by any means, but I am a great student of the game. I have learned more football the last few years than I ever thought I would....Funny thing is I have soooo much more that I have to learn. In fact I don't think you can ever learn to much. A coach is a lot more than a person who was successful in high school or someone who played college ball. In my opinion to be a coach, you have to love what you do, be able to help kids improve on techniques, be a great teacher, and most of all someone they can count on and look up to. Yeah, I wasn't a great football player. I played a few years, but I consider myself someone who loves sports. I know football! I know basketball! I know baseball! I know track! But I consider myself a great coach because I want to be a great coach. I have the desire and determination to teach kids about the fundamentals and overall objective of each sport. Most of all, I am a great coach, because I try to be a great role model and give those athletes 100 percent of my heart. Please keep myself and my family in your prayers as this dream to be a successful high school coach is in full effect.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
What A Summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























3 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
Congratulations, Mitch! My dad was a football coach for over 50 years and he would be so proud to read your insights as you begin this new endeavor. I think I'll connect him to your site! You are going to do a great job! Praying for Jaxon's arrival and a healthy and happy time for you and JD!
Sam is going to be WAY outnumbered!!!
Hugs to all!
Way to go Mitch. Your faith, heart & insights will take you far. I seem to remember a pretty good athlete in there, too. We're proud of ya'll. Love ya, Aunt Kathy
HEY duck. I am at Nana's checking my mail and catching up on your posting. GOOD JOB. So proud of you and your career moves. See you REAL soon. LOVE YOU all. Camp Neena closes tomorrow.
Post a Comment