Well a couple weeks ago I heard my brother was coming back to Abilene for a two week leave, and arriving on September 7. Well, tomorrow is September 7th and I haven't really heard anything further on his "vacation" from Iraq...but if it's true that means he should already be in the air heading back to the comfort of his families arms. Keep him in your prayers.
And you may be wondering if he always looks so angry...well in pictures, he does...it's his perma-scowl...I always say he should just go into modelling because he has that natural angry look. Love you bubb.
I don't have any pics to post of Jaxon because my trigger finger on the camera has been a little slow, I promise I'll get on that. Anyway...most of you know about my family's love for the K-9 breed...well sadly one of ours has gone to a better place. NO! not one of mine...or else I would be hyperventilating right now...but one of my little brother's dogs (Lilly, the overweight beautiful bulldog) went to meet her maker. And it truly breaks my heart, but worse is that Michael is having a hard time with it. He is simply the sweetest little guy (who am I kidding the 11 year old is as big as me) but his heart is just so tender...so keep him in your prayers too because he is having a difficult time coping.
Also, the Eagles are off to a promising start. We are 2-0 going into the game against the crosstown rivals...ooooo Cooper...or should I say boo Cooper. It's amazing 8 years out of high school and my arm hair still raises at the thought of them. So with football underway, y'all know that Mitch is overwhelmed...infact until late this afternoon, I hadn't even seen him since Wednesday...and we have been in the house at the same time. Poor guy didn't make it home at all last night...sleeping at the office can't be fun...but I know he is having a blast winning on Friday nights!
Alright, until next time...I promise new pictures of baby J soon enough!























4 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
Hurry home David! Gosh, JD, he looks so grown up and handsome in those picture. When was that? Be sure you get lots of them this time. Give Michael a hug for me too. I am sorry about his loss...maybe he needs a new puppy. I listened to the AHS game online and they are H.O.T. I wish I could come for the game this weekend. It'll be a good one. Give my Jaxon some love from Neena and keep some for you too. And if you ever see Mitch tell him I love him too!
we took those pictures the day we drove down there to see him off. we were able to walk around the mall with him, and we just hung out for a few hours...and on our way out i was able to talk him into taking pictures...he usually closes his eyes or turns his head...anything to not have a good pic. maybe modeling wouldn't work :)
k...i lied. he is hopping on a plane tomorrow, the 8th. so pray for him then ;)
I know you are super excited! I hope his visit is good and that he gets to spend lots of time with you. Hope he gets to love all over his little girl and play with our Jaxon too! I know Michael is excited and your mom and dad. AND YOU! Keep me posted. How long does it take to get home? We talked about him in our small group tonight.......
Post a Comment