Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ode to the Flagship

We are back from a week and a half of "vacationing!" We had so much fun and never had any clue that little miss J was such a water baby. Well of course we kind of knew...but we didn't really know what we had in store. We started off our little vacation by working a basketball camp in Crosby...and Brooks and Riley provided our nightly entertainment! We even got to have our first little "date" while we were in Crosby. We left Jaxon with Justin and Holly and went on a double date with Danni and Bryan!! Why I don't have any pictures of this...I don't know, but we went to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, because Abilene is sad and doesn't have one...and then we went to see The Strangers (creepy, country house movie...if you live in the middle of nowhere...make sure you have a copy of Cinderella at home for you to watch after).

Anyway, after 4 fun filled days in Crosby we went to Clearlake...and then we hit the beach.
Beware of 'little swimmers' trying to escape the bathing suit. Isn't that just the cutest suit ever...her sweet 'Aunt' Danni surprised her with it...and some awesome beach toys! We learned to play peek-a-boo...cutest thing ever. She just started to do it in the car ride from Abilene to Smithville and I laughed so hard we had to pull over so I could use the restroom.
She absolutely LOVED playing with the sand!
And she would try to chase the waves when they were going out.

Always remember to stay hydrated when at the beach.

We practically had to drag her away from the water.
The next day we decided we would take a trip to Schlitterbahn in Galveston. The weather was on and off all day. In fact, the minute we got there, the lifeguards started pulling everyone out of the water because there was lightning close by.
You can see everyone DYING to get back in and all the tubes that were abandoned. The sky is kind of dark in the background.
We took the opportunity to start putting on everyone's sunscreen and eat lunch.

Jaxon's sneaking into the brownies. She's way too cool to be related to me.
After a few rounds in the Lazy River...and Jaxon crying because she HATED the life jacket, she became all tuckered out and took a 2 hour nap. With everyone screaming and everything. This gave me time to start a new book. I purposely left Twilight in my car so I could try something different...anyway, girls, when you have read everything I have recommended I have another book, The Last Summer (of you and me) It's a tear jerker...and a little rated R at some parts...but all in all, it was a good 2 day break from Twilight.
After Jaxon's nap, we decided to conquer the slide!!! We all took a turn going round and round the slide with Jaxon...and here are a few pics of her and her daddy coming down it!


Even though we didn't get to stay in the flagship we had a load of fun. Unfortunately the whole clan wasn't together but we were able to visit with everyone we love.
After the whole week...Jaxon decided to fall asleep at her first meal. Heather cooked Spaghetti for us on Sunday afternoon, and Jaxon just started nodding away...we didn't catch it in action, but you can tell by the picture that her eyes weigh more than she does.

So, now we are home...Petey and Tex missed me (I mean us) terribly...And now Jaxon and I are both sick...ugh...Oh well...to the biggest news of all...Jaxon is walking!!! I'll have a video of it later.

7 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:

Lynn said...

So glad you all had fun but hated you ended the vacation with being sick. Hope today is better. That little water bug is too precious. So, the walking is official now? I figured it wouldn't be long. See you guys soon. Love you.

Danni and Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather's House said...

We miss yall. It was a fun time. But there are no pics of AUNT HEATHER?? What up? :) HA! Anyway, so glad yall came. Sorry you had to sleep on an air mattress. :)

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I can't believe Jaxon is walking. She was so close when she was here!

Love yall!

Heather's House said...

oh and the Flagship....don't even get me started!

Ashley said...

Well then yall ding dong should have stayed at the flagship.

My fault, my fault.

Kellianne said...

what a little beach babe! she is getting sooooo big! I need to show Brandon these pictures, he will just die because you know, Jaxon is his favorite baby. He told me one time that if we had one baby like Jaxon then he would have 20 more, WHOA! 20? Yeah I was hoping for 2-4 kids, not 20 lol! :) Anyway, pictures are too precious, miss you guys! Wish we could of met up with you guys when you were in town, I was depressed for like 4 days cause I couldn't see ya'll!

Giggi said...

What great beach pictures! What a fun vacation! You do have a little water bug! Looking forward to some B'day pics soon! She is precious!