Sunday, November 11, 2007

Serious Sunday





When you get "old" and married, and life after college starts, the number of friends you once had starts to diminish. Then, from that point on you realize what friends were meant to be put into your life. You know...the friends who make you smile when they call...and the friends that you can't wait to tell that you are pregnant, or you got a new job etc. Well these are mine and Mitchell's closest married friends, and we live almost 7 hours away from each other.


These are the friends who when they were dating...and got into a fight she would call me crying and he would call Mitchell...making sure that he was "in the right." We love them dearly Danni (Danielle and Bryan). She is my squealy friend...the type of friend that really makes you feel that she is SOOO excited to see you. She loves everything whole-heartedly and is a super strong woman. But when something goes wrong, her world can crash down. Bryan, her husband is Mitchell's number one man...I've never seen my husband get so giddy when anyone calls...but him and Bryan can talk about nothing for hours...and make me and Danni laugh until our abs hurt. Well right now our friends are 7 hours away from us...and we can't be there to hug them, and let them know that everything will be all right.
Danni's mom was just diagnosed with having breast cancer. I don't know all of the details but I know that right now that family is hurting and scared out of their minds. Leta is a strong woman and Chris is a strong man, and I have seen how each of them live "off of" each other...Danni and Dusty (Danni's brother) live off of her vibrancy too.

This is a scary, scary time for them...and since I am not there to help Danni through any of this...I just want to ask all of you for prayers. Pray that Leta and fight off this ugly cancer...that she can beat it like many other women before her. Pray that Chris can be strong, and know that the Lord will get him and his family through every painful moment of fighting this cancer...and pray that Danni and Dusty can keep their wits and humor and love alive throughout the heartbreaking moments like chemo. I know this family will make it through this...but it would help out if you would pray for them.

3 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:

Lynn said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I am so sorry to hear about Leta. I know that lots of scary things are crossing their minds and it's all new and unknown. I pray that God gives them all a special peace to guide them through this. I know that you will be a strength to Danni...she'll be needing you for sure. Love you.
P.S. Happy Birthday Petey

Anonymous said...

Leta and her family will certainly be in our prayers. Just hope all will go well. I am sure you and Mitch will be with them in thought and your prayers will mean a lot to them also.
Love to Petey on his birthday and to Jaxon(who will get most of my Love) and to Jaxon's mom and pop. Nana

Anonymous said...

So as I was sitting here reading the beginning your blog, I just started to smile and think of all the good times we had as friends at ACU. Then I read about Leta. This breaks my heart but I know that she will come out of this a survivor. If Danielle reads this, I'm praying for you Danni and your family. Love you D-Fizz! Love you too JD! :)