Continuing with the hunger theme, I'd like to pass on a few Christmas morning recipes that I've been introduced to by my wonderful, glorious, oh so perfect in laws. Seriously, Christmas morning is magical in their home and it all begins with breakfast. Also, the song for today is a medley put together by the women of Everly. This is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Oh, Holy Night. I love both of these songs and am happy to share with you!!
Now, from the kitchen of Mama Doty, I give you easy Christmas recipes that will have your kids smiling before they can say, "Mom, wake up, we have gifts to open."
Sausage Balls
1 pound of raw ground sausage (Mama Doty uses mild but you control the spice)
2 cups of Bisquick
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425
You are gonna have to get your hands in there and work all ingredients together until everything is worked in to the dough. I never can do it with just a spoon and I think it's too thick and stickyish for a mixer. When it's all evenly mixed, roll the dough into little round balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned
Sausage Bread - makes two rolls
1 refrigerated can of pizza dough
1 Lb of ground sausage (browned) with grease drained off. Again, I use the mild.
**optional- can add chopped onions/peppers
I smush and mash the pizza dough around on a cookie sheet until I have a big oval. Place the browned sausage on top of the dough and sprinkle some cheddar over the top.
You can try to roll it up if it's not too stuffed. If you get too much sausage/cheese filling it won't pinch shut at the last rolling. I have even folded each edge over the filling but it kinda falls open as it bakes. Bake following the directions on the can. After it cools down, slice it with a serrated knife.
Breakfast Casserole
6 eggs - beat thoroughly
6 pieces of bread torn into small pieces
( some recipes say to just lay the bread in whole slices in bottom of dish)
2 Cups of milk
1 Cup of grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp dry mustard
Salt/pepper to taste
1 lb of cooked drained sausage.
**Optional- chopped onions, mushrooms, or peppers
Lay bread on bottom of 13x9 Baking dish. Mix all other ingredients together and pour on top of bread. I usually make it up the night before and leave in fridge. Then in the morning I bake it. It gives it time to set up. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until brown.
If any of you are struggling to wait until Christmas morning to try these easy recipes out, I suggest you try and cook before...just to perfect it, and to taste it.

























0 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
Post a Comment