Sunday, December 4, 2011

Love My Ornaments

Good evening to all!! Christmas song of the day is I'll Be Home For Christmas by Sleeping at Last. I recently downloaded this wonderful album for free. Seriously folks, I've listened to it every day and it's one of those albums that has the magic to put your kids to sleep when they've been fighting it. It's gloriously mellow and perfect. 

 So, tell me, do you have a favorite ornament? I do...I mean, all of mine are my favorite. It seems every year when I pull each one out I have a moment. I smile, I say "You've made it another year!" and then I find the most perfect spot for it...which doesn't matter because the girls end up moving them. That's okay though, my ornaments make me smile and each hold their own memory for me. 

When I was younger my aunt had the tradition of always giving me and my brother an ornament every year. I LOVED this tradition and when I pull those ornaments out I think of her and all the great Christmas moments we had together. I also have ornaments that my mom used to use to decorate our tree when we were growing up. They're magenta-y pink-ish with a little gold on them. Yeah, they're awesome. Who knew I'd love having a pink-ish tree? But I do. I have the girls 1 year ornaments that make me cry a little bit, and then I have our wedding anniversary ornament. 

We also have a LOT of snowmen on the tree. I used to live down the street from a Cracker Barrel. I'd go a little crazy from time to time...but they are the cutest snowmen ever. Anyway, here's a little video of some of my favorites. My husband looked bored so I asked him to make a video...and he did. Tell me about your ornaments...which are your favorites? which ones mean the most? do you smile when you see them or could you care less? 


0 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.: