A couple years ago I picked up a habit of reading. But really only fun books: Harry Potter, Narnia, DaVinci Code etc... you know books that keep you on the edge of your seat but are completely fiction. Well I just picked up my first book sense I finished the last installment of Potter (sad day). It is called "The Child Called 'It.'" It is about a boy who was severly abused by his mother. While the author gives his childhood testimony, all I wanted to do was hold Jaxon. I can't imagine a mother or a father doing the things to their child that this author went through. Yes, it is a true account of this man's life, and there are 2 other books that coincide with the first. All I have read is the first and it never answers the questions of why or what made the mother snap...or why the father never took him away...I know this is all very vague to those of you who haven't read the book...but he has brothers, had a normal childhood for his first 5 years, and then one day his mother coined him the slave of the family...she poisoned him, stabbed him, placed him over the stove, starved him, and yet he still had the will to fight through everything and live.
And all the while I'm reading this, Jaxon is laying in my arms, and I am crying about the first time I may have to be stern with her or spank her...or what if by some unfortunate circumstance she is around a person who abuses her in another way. All these thoughts flood my mind of what I will do to the person who may harm my daughter.
I guess these are the thoughts of just about every parent...it's a love I do not know how to describe, but it's something you can feel while reading this book.
























2 I like comments, feel free to leave 'em.:
Oh my gosh girl, I read those books. It just tears at your heart. And your right, it just makes you want to hug and kiss all over your children.
Love you.
I read that book, it is heart breaking! I didn't get to the sequels but I was also in middle school when I read it. By the way, THANK YOU SO MUCH for my holiday card of Jaxon! She looks precious in the picture! :)
Post a Comment